Wednesday, March 17, 2010

happy green day!!!!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!
(it's a dual post :-)

JB-
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Are you wearing green? If not, then a leprechaun is going to attack you and steal your credit cards (gold is so last century, but diamonds are a girls bff). It's amazing how many students are lying all over campus having just been attacked by the little creatures. I'm sure those students will be wearing green on March 17, 2011.

I had to dig around in my closet for something green since it is not a color I wear often. I ended up playing around with my favorite floral skirt and a pink and green striped shirt, and voila! I knew what I was going to wear. Juju and I are definitely the best dressed on campus for St. Patrick's Day (no leprechauns have even come close to us), but we're usually the best dressed on campus, so that's really nothing new.

juju -
you are totally right, it is nothing new but we don't mean to boast or anything, it's just how we were raised... "be the best you can be, especially if it's better than everyone else...." jk
i was also surprised, alarmed in fact, at the lack of a particular shade of loveliness. and i as well had bit of scrounging to do in order to find an outfit containing an appropriate amount of green (appropriate amount: as much as possible!)... unfortunately i don't have much at all... so i settled for a sparkly green bow and my Nancy Drew skirt ( green with green and blue plaid)... that's all the green i own :-( except for the green knee socks i wore for tap class that don't match my outfit.
so as we dine on "traditional" food of the leprechaun land, we observe to passing of fellow students and their respective attire, being not satisfied by those who sport a lack of lush color whether by memory lapse or in blatant spite of this marvelous opportunity to wear wonderfully festive attire.....
* i should have been in creative writing lol

No comments: