Thursday, August 5, 2010

a treasure in the trove

so the other day i was with my mom and we spy a garage sale sign... we pull up and it looks like someone dumped their junk out in the front yard.... those always have the cheapest treasures :-)
so we poke around, but there is not a soul to be seen (i start to have seconds thought as to if this is THE garage sale, that we might be nosing into someone stuff that's NOT for sale...) then the slightly scary older man comes around and says there's more inside... a little creepy, but we go in (my mom will do anything for a good deal lol no fear)... well it turns out that this guy, who turns out to be not too creepy, his mom died and he's been holding this "garage sale" for about a year.. he keeps pulling stuff out of storage, i'm telling you this lady was a major pack rat... BUT.... (here's the good part)

i poked my head into the hallway and there was a big black trashcan with a bunch of clothes draped across it and it wasn't until the second time i looked that i noticed a bit of yellow sticking out from underneath...
curiosity and the treasure hunter inside me will always get the best of me, so i reached down and the second i touched the material, i know i had found something very special....
that day i rescued a beautiful cinched waist, turn-key clasp-ed, pocket-ed, butter-yellow, butter-soft, leather cape that magnificently sets off the color of my hair with my (current) skin color.....
and the price for the reward for following my inner dumpster-diver.... $5.... yep... five dollars
my life was just made fabulous :-)
now i intend to get some stunning Daniel Storto gloves, and maybe a perfect hat to round out my lovely ensemble!!!
http://www.danielstortogloves.com/

(i'll post a pic asap but i am currently camera-less, but i'll attach it to this post)

No comments: